Gingerbread Slice And Bake Cookies
Servings: 24 cookiesPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 4 oz unsalted butter 112g
- 1/2 cup brown sugar 110g
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup molasses or sorghum syrup 140g
- 2 cups all-purpose flour 240g
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour 70g
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp ground allspice
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped candied ginger
- 1 orange, zested
- 1 egg white, whisked a bit with a fork
- 1/2 cup sprinkles or sanding sugar of your choice
- Using a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment or hand-held mixer, cream the butter and brown sugar until fluffy and lighter in color. Add the molasses and yolks and beat until smooth.
- While things are creaming away, mix all your dry ingredients together. Add dry ingredients, candied ginger and zest of your orange the creamed mixture and mix until just combined.
- Roll your dough into a log about 3” thick. Wrap in parchment or plastic wrap and chill for at least one hour.
- Heat oven to 350F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Brush the log of cookie dough with egg whites. Place the sprinkles on a tray or flat plate. Roll the log into the sprinkles. Slice 1” thick pieces and place on cookie sheets. Bake for 7-8 minutes, or until just setting on the outside edges. Cool completely before removing them from the pans.