Host a hands-on cooking event with The Gourmandise School
Events Menus, Pricing & Details
How It Works
- Pick a date for your event. We’re open 7 days a week!
- Pick a cooking OR baking menu from the selection below.
- Your fully interactive event experience will be led by your Chef instructor.
- Guests will cook everything on your menu from start to finish, and then sit down and enjoy their creations!
Contact us with any questions, and to book your event.
* All pricing is dependent on number in party and menu selection.
- Private events start at $1350 for up to 10 guests. Each additional person is an additional $105 with a maximum of 50 guests.
- For over 24 guests, a second chef is required. There is a $450 fee for an additional chef.
- A non-refundable 50% deposit of the minimum cost is due at booking. Final headcount and balance are due 48 hours prior to your event.
- Gratuity is not required but is highly encouraged! Our staff works very hard to make your event a memorable one.
A cheese, bread and fruit plate is available to add on to any menu for an additional $5pp. We can make accommodations for dietary restrictions with most menus. Please see below for menu notes on which menus lend themselves best to dieatry restrictions.
Rustic Tomato Sauce
Panna Cotta with Macerated Berries
Handmade Potato Gnocchi
Market Greens Salad with Citronette
THAI (best for vegan options)
Red Curry Long Beans
Grilled Skewers with Chili Lime Dipping Sauce
**Choose ahead: chicken or pork for skewers
Vegetable Pad Thai
Nun Bananas in Coconut Milk
FRENCH BISTRO (best for gluten free)
Steak au Poivre
Butter Lettuce Salad
French Apple Cake
Chicken & Chive Potstickers
Pork Shu Mai
Soy Vinegar Dipping Sauce
Veggie Stir Fry
Classic Almond Cookies
Arugula Salad w/ Basil Pistachio Dressing
PROTEIN – CHOOSE AHEAD:
OR Tuscan Tri Tip
Gnocchi with Brown Butter Sauce
Grand Marnier Olive Oil Cake
COOKIES & BROWNIES
Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies
Brown Sugar Brownies
FRENCH MACARONS (gluten free)
Classic Almond Shells
Have your kids party with us!
Our drop off parties are great for birthdays, holiday parties, or school get togethers. The kids will cook their dishes all from scratch, then either eat the meal they have prepared or have lots of treats to take home if you select a baking only menu. Pricing is $1350 for up to 10 kids with each additional person at $105pp. Maximum of 24 children under age 12.
|SAVORY MENUS||SWEET MENUS|
|Kids Pasta |
Fresh Pasta Dough
Fresh Tomato Sauce
Vanilla cupcakes & frosting
|Kids Bake Sale Bests |
Classic Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Double Chocolate Chunk Cookies
|Kids Pizza Party |
Classic Marinara Sauce
Chocolate pudding with vanilla
|Kids Cupcakes |
Devil’s Food (Chocolate) Cupcakes
Vanilla Cupcakes American Buttercream
Modern Decorating Techniques
|Kids Taco Truck |
Pico de Gallo
Churros and Chocolate dipping Sauce
|French Macarons |
Classic Almond Shells
Chocolate Ganache Filling
Give your guests a night they’ll never forget + a special gift to take home to use often! View our selection here.
BEER and WINE
Guests are welcome to bring their own beer or wine or grab a glass or bottle from our neighbors The Curious Palate. If you would like to have wine delivered to the school prior to your event we are happy to coordinate the delivery with you. All glassware and wine keys are provided.
ALL PARTIES INCUR A 15% GRATUITY ADDED ON TO YOUR FINAL BILL
Make your event extra delicious by choosing from one of our custom culinary Gift Bags for our assortment of cookware available in the store. Please let us know if you would like us to create a custom gift bag for your group.
SECURING YOUR RESERVATION
Your event date must be reserved with a 50% non-refundable deposit, with the balance due 48 hours prior to your event. Payments can be made over the phone with a credit card.
Parking for The Gourmandise School is available in Garages 7 & 8 at the Santa Monica Place Shopping Center. The first 90 minutes are free; $1 for the next hour and $2 for each additional 30 minutes, with a $20 daily maximum. Valet parking is available on 2nd Street between Colorado & Broadway.
We do not offer refunds. A final headcount is required 48 hours prior to all private events. After initial booking, a change of date is subject to a $100 change fee.
Please select menu within 10 days of booking. If you book event less than 10 days out, menu selection must be done 5 days in advance.
rev Sept 2022
TIMING AND DELAYS
Each 30 minutes the class is delayed by no fault of The Gourmandise School, there will be an additional charge of $100. Evening events cannot stay later than 1 hour after their scheduled end time.
Please let us know any questions you have. We look forward to hosting a memorable event for you!
The Gourmandise School
COVID-19 PROTOCOLS AT THE GOURMANDISE SCHOOL
Our staff is here to make your experience the best it can be and maintain a safe and clean workspace for all guests.
- All staff must wash hands with soap and warm water before every shift, after eating or drinking, after using the restroom, and often throughout their shift.
- Masks are optional.
- No eating or drinking by the staff is allowed while in the kitchens.
Our state-of-the-art commercial style kitchens are cleaned diligently by our staff and kept to health code standards. The open floorplan makes for a well-ventilated environment with ample room for social distancing.
- Surfaces are cleaned with disinfectant throughout the day when kitchens are in use.
- Dishes and utensils are washed with antibacterial soap and sanitized after each use.
- Kitchens are sanitized between each event with minimum 1 hour between groups.
- Where applicable, we are following the LA County protocols for safety and sanitation for COVID-19.
- Masks are optional.
- Events have a maximum guest count of 24 people per kitchen (48 total)
- In your event, guests will work in groups of 4
- If guests are feeling any COVID-19 symptoms or have been exposed to anyone with COVID-19 within the last 14 days, we ask you to please stay home.
- Guests will be asked to sign a waiver prior upon arrival at the school.
- Upon arrival to the kitchen you will be guided to wash your hands and sanitize before putting on your freshly laundered apron at your station.
Please note, gift certificates, coupon codes, and account credits are not valid towards private events.
Also available: Kitchen Filming and Rentals