Mushroom and Snap Pea Fricassee with Polenta
Mushroom and Snap Pea Fricassee with Polenta serves 4 as side dish and 2 as a main course.Print Recipe Pin Recipe
Mushroom and Snap Pea Fricasee with Polenta
- 4-5 cups Water
- Healthy pinch Kosher salt
- 1 cup Polenta
- 2 oz Unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup Grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- 2 Tbsp Unsalted butter
- 2 lbs Mixed fresh mushrooms wiped clean and cut into large pieces
- 1/2 lb Snap peas stem removed and cut in half lengthwise
- 2 Shallots thinly sliced
- 1 tsp Thyme leaves
- 2 tsp Tarragon leaves
- 1/2 cup White wine
- 1 cup Heavy cream
- Bring 4 cups water and salt to a boil. Whisk in polenta gradually. Reduce heat to low and stir regularly with a wooden spoon for 25-30 minutes. Add more water as necessary if polenta becomes too thick. Before serving stir in butter, Parmesan and extra salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat a Dutch oven or heavy saucepot over medium high heat. Add butter, shallots and mushrooms. Cook until tender. Add snap peas, thyme, and tarragon and cook until snap peas are bright green and crisp tender. Season well with salt and pepper. Add wine and reduce by half.
- Add cream and simmer until slightly thick. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Serve Fricassee on top of polenta with extra tarragon leaves for garnish.