Print Recipe Pin Recipe
Penne with Tomato Sauce
- 1 lb Penne pasta
- 2 Tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 cup Crushed tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp Madeira wine You can use sherry, marsala or even vodka in place of madeira for this recipe.
- 1/4 cup Heavy cream
- 1/4 cup Torn basil leaves about 10
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 2 Tbsp Grated Parmesan
- Bring a large pot filled 3/4 of the way with water. Add 2 Tbsps salt and bring to a simmer.
- Heat a sauté pan up for one minute. Add the oil and garlic and cook for thirty seconds. Add the wine, followed by the tomatoes and simmer the sauce for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook penne to al dente stage in the boiling salted water. Drain and while dripping wet, toss the pasta into the tomato sauce, adding the cream, basil, butter and cheese. Serve immediately.