This delicious soup is from Chef Carol's 10 week Learn to Cook series and is the perfect soup to cozy up with on those cold winter days. For a killer addition to your meal, make some easy grilled cheese sandwiches to dip in your soup.Print Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1 oz Butter
- 1 Large yellow onion
- 1/2 cup Dry Sherry
- 1 tsp Tarragon fresh
- 1 can Crushed tomatoes 15oz
- 1 cup Chicken stock or vegetable to keep this a vegetarian dish!
- 1/4 cup Heavy cream
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Dice your onion and chop your tarragon.
- Sweat the onions in a sauce pot with the butter until soft. Add the sherry and reduce by half.
- Add the tarragon, tomatoes and stock and simmer for 15 minutes. Add the cream and continue to summer for five more minutes. Using an immersion or regular blender, puree the soup. Season with salt and pepper to taste and enjoy.