Stuffed Tomatoes with Pistachio Pesto
We love Chef Jessica Hilton’s vegetarian recipes. Her vegetable garden plot is thick with inspiration, but the ease of her recipes are what we adore. Have fun with these- this recipe is especially helpful with early season tomatoes that haven’t hit their peak flavor.Print Recipe Pin Recipe
- 4 Large tomatoes
- 1/3 cup Pistachios
- 4 Green onions coarsely chopped
- 1 cup Parsley
- 1 Lemon zested and juiced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 cup Cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup Cooked white beans
- 1/2 cup Crumbled feta cheese
- Olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Slice off the top of the tomatoes and scoop out the insides. Place tomatoes in a rimmed baking dish or casserole pan.
- Finely chop the pistachios, scallions, parsley and garlic. Place in a bowl, and add the zest and juice of the lemon, olive oil and salt to taste.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the beans and quinoa. Sauté for about 10 minutes. Add the pesto to the pan, cook until the mixture is heated through. Adjust seasoning, and fold in the feta.
- Spoon the mixture into the tomatoes, drizzle with olive oil and roast about 25 minutes until the filling is lightly brown.