Polenta Egg Bake
Easy breakfast from last night’s leftover meatsPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- some polenta. or mashed potatoes
- some leftover beef either corned beef or brisket
- enough warm milk to cover your starch
- one egg or one for however many people have crashed in your living room
- Preheat your oven to 375 F. If you’re awake enough to assemble the polenta, follow the recipe in the link. If not, spoon some polenta or leftover mashed potatoes and enough milk to cover it into an oven-safe dish. Heat until the center is warm.
- Add shredded meat around the perimeter of your dish and make an indentation in the center. Crack the egg into the well and bake until the egg is cooked how you like it (I love it rather runny). Sprinkle with freshly chopped parsley and serve warm.
- Hangover Directions: place the mashes potatoes or cooked polenta and milk into the microwave. Heat until warm. Add shredded meat around the perimeter of your dish and make an indentation in the center. Crack the egg into the well and microwave until the egg is cooked how you like it. Sprinkle with fresh herbs (please use scissors to cut the herbs if your knife skills have been impaired by beer consumption).
Polenta? See here. Read on!