JOB DESCRIPTION: Receptionist/Retail Associate for The Gourmandise School
The Receptionist/Retail Associate is the face of our business and is responsible to warmly receive, welcome and greet customers and guests, as well as handle daily sales activities in our store front and daily administrative tasks for our cooking school.
- Answer phone calls and emails of customers, students and people interested in our cooking classes and private parties
- Manage class registrations, cancellations and gift certificates
- Assist customers by suggesting items and providing product information
- Handle purchase transactions through our POS system, including counting the cash at opening and closing.
- Maintain storefront by receiving inventory, stocking floor with merchandise and keeping it tidy
- Collaborate with other Receptionist/Retail Associates to hand-off and exchange information as needed for matters that cross-over shifts.
- Coordinate and assist Food Sourcing Manager when grocery deliveries arrive to store and record items as needed.
- Report any retail inventory and office supply needs
- Report and advise on issues that arise in the school when Management is not present
Qualifications & Competencies
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills
- Basic understanding of sales principles and customer service practices
- Professional and friendly telephone etiquette
- Proficient in verbal and written English language
- This position involves constant moving, talking, hearing, reaching, grabbing and standing for at least two consecutive hours. May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, crouching and climbing ladders. Must frequently lift and/or move objects up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move objects up to approximately 35 pounds
- Enthusiastic, friendly and energetic with a genuine desire to provide outstanding service
- Team-player oriented
- Thoroughness and attention to detail
- Good time management
- Computer proficient in: Word, Excel, Google Suite, our reservation system, Square POS.
- Available to work a variety of hours, which may include mornings, evenings, and weekends.
To apply for the job, please print and complete the application form.