Print Recipe Pin Recipe
CHEF CAROL’S CHICKEN BLACK BEAN CHILI
- 2 Tbsp Vegetable oil
- 1 cup Carrots, finely diced
- 1 cup Onion, finely diced
- 1 cup Red pepper, finely diced
- 2 Tbsp Garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp Ground cumin
- 2 Tbsp Mild chili powder
- 1 lb Boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 28 oz Crushed tomatoes 1 (28oz) can
- 1 cup Water
- 2 cans Black beans, rinsed 2 (15oz) cans
- Salt, to taste
- Heat a dutch oven or heavy bottom pot over medium heat.
- Add your vegetable oil and sauté the carrots, onions, and pepper for about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic, cumin, and chili powder. Stir.
- Add your chicken thighs, crushed tomatoes, and water. Stir.
- Cover and simmer on low for 2 hours.
- Add the beans and season with salt to taste.