This next-level egg salad makes great use of leftover eggs and herbs. If you don’t have preserved lemons (or time to make them ahead from our recipe here), omit them and zest the lemon you’ll be using for juicing.Print Recipe Pin Recipe
Olive oil egg salad
- 10 Hard boiled eggs cooled
- 1 bunch Parsley
- 6-7 leaves Sorrel optional, but delicious
- 1 Preserved lemon
- 1/4 cup Olive oil
- 1 Lemon juiced
- Salt and pepper To taste
- Peel the eggs and chop them finely. Place in a medium to large bowl.
- Take your parsley and sorrel leaves and roll them up together. Finely chop the herbs and place over the eggs.
- Take your preserved lemon and remove any white (pith) part and fibers. Finely dice the peel and place atop the herbs.
- Fold the eggs, herbs, lemon, olive oil and half the lemon juice together. Taste and adjust, adding more lemon juice, salt and pepper until the salad tastes as bright as it is rich. Serve over toast (we love it with thin slices of avocado and a touch of sea salt)! or with crackers.