Pecan Pie Bars
Servings: 9 Bars
These ooey-gooey but sliceable pecan bars borrow a little from a couple of our favorite recipes in the original Tartine cookbook. The layer of chocolate between the crust and filling isn’t just delicious; it helps to bind this buttery crust for beautifully cut squares.Print Recipe Pin Recipe
- 4 oz Unsalted butter 112g
- 1 cup All purpose flour 120g
- 1/3 cup Powdered sugar 40g
- Pinch Kosher salt
- 2 oz Chocolate (our favorite is Tcho’s 54% Dark Milk) 56g
- 1 cup Granulated sugar 200g
- 6 oz Butter 168g
- 1/3 cup Honey 112g
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 2 1/2 cups Pecan pieces, toasted 300g
- 1 cup Pecan halves 120g
- 2 Tbsp Heavy cream
- Heat oven to 350F. Line an 8”x8” square baking pan with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of either a hand-held or stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat all ingredients until they just come together. Press into the pan and bake for about 20 minutes or until crust is evenly golden in color.
- Remove the golden, baked crust from the oven and immediately sprinkle with chocolate. Spread as soon as it begins to melt and set aside.
- Bring the sugar, butter and honey to a boil, allowing the mixture to continue boiling for 3minutes. Add the salt, pecan pieces and heavy cream and return to a boil. Pour pecan mixture over the chocolate. Arrange the pecan halves in rows over the pecan pieces caramel. Bake for 15 more minutes and allow to cool completely before cutting into squares.