Sweet and Smoky Sweet Potato Salad
Potato need not be slathered in mayo or reserved for picnics. No, this salad is hearty enough to be served as a main dish and brighten up your otherwise bland winter palate with the sweet and sour notes from smoked paprika, lime zest and tender tubers.Print Recipe Pin Recipe
- 2 lbs Yams or sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup Olive oil
- 2 tsp Salt
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 tsp Ground cumin
- 1 tsp Smoke paprika
- 2 tsp Fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp Fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp Lime zest
- 2 Tbsp Fresh chopped parsley
- 2 Tbsps Fresh chopped cilantro
- Preheat your oven to 400 F.
- Peel and cut the sweet potatoes into 1” cubes. Toss with 2 Tbsps of the olive oil and a pinch of your salt and bake on a cookie sheet in one even layer for about 15 minutes. Prick the potatoes with a fork and continue baking until tender but not falling apart.
- While the potatoes are cooking, prepare the dressing by combining all the other ingredients except for the parsley and cilantro in a large bowl. Once the potatoes are cooked, toss them in the dressing. Let them finish cooking and cooling in this bowl.
- Just before serving, toss the parsley and cilantro into the bowl.