COCONUT LIME CEVICHE
Servings: 8 peoplePrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1 lb Best-quality small shrimp (about 40 pieces) peeled, deveined and cut into thin pieces
- 2 cup Fresh lime juice
- 2/3 cup chopped,peeled jicama (1 ¼-inch pieces)
- 1 Young coconut soft flesh scraped from inside the shell and cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup Red onion finely chopped
- 14 oz Coconut Milk
- 1/4 cup Cilantro roughly chopped
- 2 Serrano chilies stemmed and roughly chopped
- 1 tsp Sugar
- Salt to taste
- Place the shrimp in a large mixing bowl. Add 1 ½ cups lime juice. The shrimp should float freely in the juice. If not, add more juice.
- Cover and refrigerate until the shrimp are “cooked” –anywhere from 20 minutes to one hour. You will see the shrimp have cooked in the lime juice and are now pink! Any longer and it will toughen. Drain.
- Stir in the jicama, fresh coconut and red onion and 1/3 cup fresh lime juice. Set aside.
- In a blender, combine the coconut milk, cilantro. serranos and sugar. Blend until smooth. Add to the shrimp bowl and stir to combine. Taste and add salt as needed.