Servings: 4 people
adapted from Pati’s Mexican TablePrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1 lb Fresh large scallops
- 1/4 cup Freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Red onion slivered
- 1 Serrano chile thinly sliced
- 1/4 tsp Kosher or Sea Salt or more to taste
- In a bowl, combine the lime juice, olive oil, onion, serrano and salt. Whisk and let sit for at least 15 minutes or cover and refrigerate up to 12 hours.
- When ready to serve, remove lime juice mix from the refrigerator. Slice the fresh scallops thinly and horizontally, up to 1/8”width. Spread on a platter.
- Whisk the lime juice sauce and pour in its entirety over the scallops, arranging so that the onion and chile are spread evenly throughout. Serve immediately.