Double Chocolate Olive Oil Cookies
Servings: 12 medium cookies
While the combination of chocolate and orange screams holiday baking, the cakey-yet-fudgy texture of these cookies tempts us all year long. Use blood-orange infused olive oil if you can get your hands on it for an even more intense citrus flavor.Print Recipe Pin Recipe
- 6 oz TCHO dark chocolate 168g
- 3 oz unsalted butter 85g
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar 100g
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour 150g
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 4 oz milk chocolate (we used TCHO's 54%) 112g
- zest of 1 orange
- 2 tbsp olive oil 25g
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Melt the chocolate and butter over a double boiler or in the microwave. Set aside.
- Beat the eggs, yolk and sugar for 2-3 minutes on high speed using a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment or with a hand-held mixer until the mixture looks thick and noticeable lighter in color. Beat in the olive oil. Stir in the chocolate mixture.
- Stir in the flour, chocolate pieces and zest until just combined. Set aside to hydrate for at least 10 minutes.
- Scoop cookies onto parchment-paper lined cookie sheets. Bake for 9 minutes for smaller cookies and 11 for larger ones. Let the cookies cool for at least 10 minutes before attempting to peel off the parchment and devour.