Endive With Caramelized Pear & Gorgonzola Cream
Servings: 12 boatsPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 6 heads endive leaves separated
- 2 firm Bartlett pears cut into half-inch slices
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 oz butter
- 6 oz gorgonzola cheese
- 4 oz soft cream cheese
- ½ cup toasted pecans roughly chopped
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- Pears can be made a few hours in advance and stored at room temperature.
- Heat a large sauté pan for one minute. Add the olive oil andpear slices. Shake the pears while sauteing, rather than stirring. Sauté thepears for about three minutes. Sprinkle with sugar and allow the pears to caramelizeto a golden brown, again, NO stirring. Swirl in the butter and turn off theheat. Carefully and transfer the pears to a parchment lined sheet tray.
- Can be made a few hours in advance and stored at room temperature.
- In a food processor, blend together the cheeses until smooth.Fill the cream mixture into a piping bag if you have one.
- To serve: place the endive spears on serving platter.Pipe (OR spoon) an almond size dollop of the gorgonzola cream on the base of each endive. Place a slice of pear next to the cheese. Garnish with pecans and pomegranate seeds.