Fleur De Sel Caramels
- 1½ cup sugar 340g
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup heavy cream 150ml
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1⅓ sticks sea salt butter, cut into cubes at room temperature 140g
- 1 tsp fleur de sel
- Place cream and vanilla in a small saucepan and warm gently.
- In a bowl, sand the sugar with the lemon juice.
- Heat a medium saucepan and SLOWLY add the sugar a little bit at a time. Don’t add your sugar too fast. Be very patient and add more sugar only when most is melted.
- When the sugar is amber, slowly add the cream.
- Whisk and cook down until 230 F.
- Add butter piece by piece. Add salt.
- Cook caramel until 248-252 F. Test and pour immediately into prepared pan.