Grilled Radicchio Salad
Cover all of your bases with outdoor cooking this year and hook up the salads on the grill! These hearty, quartered heads of radicchio make for the perfect serving size, and no tossing will be required.Print Recipe Pin Recipe
- 2 Fresh heads of radicchio (or treviso)
- 1 Ball of burrata cheese
- 2 Ripe heirloom tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp Red wine or balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Small bunch of fresh basil
- Remove any outer leaves of the radicchio/Treviso. Use a sharp knife to gently shave off about 1/8 inch of the bottom stem – making sure to leave it intact. Carefully cut the head in quarters.
- Lay the heads out on a tray. Sprinkle generously with salt and freshly ground pepper. Sprinkle generously with vinegar and a bit of good olive oil. Allow to marinate for at least 30 minutes or up to 2 hrs.
- While the radicchio is marinating, cut the tomato into nice slices. Place on a platter or on individual plates, Sprinkle with salt and freshly ground pepper and gently sprinkling of oil and vinegar. Allow to marinate while you finish the dish.
- Place radicchio on a hot grill to get some charred leaves and gently wilt the lettuce, but not too long – you don’t really want it to cook too much. Remove from the grill.
- Cut the burrata into 4 pieces. Chiffonade the basil.
- Place the grilled radicchio on the tomato, then the burrata, sprinkle with fleur de sel and fresh pepper, and top with chiffonade of basil.