Print Recipe Pin Recipe
- 3/4 Cup Unsalted Butter
- 4 Extra Large Egg Yolk (room temperature)
- 3 Tbl Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice
- 2 Pinches Cayenne Pepper
- 1.5 tsp Kosher Salt
- 3/4 tsp Freshly Ground Pepper
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan. Place the egg yolks, lemon juice, kosher salt, freshly ground pepper and cayenne in the jar of a blender. Blend for 15 seconds.
- With the blender running, slowly pour the hot butter into the blender and blend for 30 seconds until the sauce is thick.
- You can leave it in the blender at room temperature for up to 1 hour. If it is made in advance, add 1 tablespoon hot water and blend for a few seconds before serving.