Marinated & Grilled T-bone Steak
Chef Jamie Cantor Ginsburg has been one of L.A.’s favorite pastry chefs for well over a decade, making us swoon with her oreo-inspired Platino cookies and epic brownies. Jamie’s sweet little secret is that she’s an even better savory chef. We turned to her last week for an all-day photo session to capture her best summer entertaining recipes. Fire up the grill, folks- it’s steak time!A good T-bone steak might set your wallet back, but since it’s a thick cut, you’re less at risk to overcook it. Here, Jamie marinates the steaks overnight in ingredients you’ve already got in the pantry.Print Recipe Pin Recipe
- 50 turns Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp Kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp Fresh thyme leaves
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp Paprika
- 1 Tbsp Brown sugar
- 2 T-bone steaks
- Mix all of your marinade ingredients and rub onto steaks. Place in a bag and refrigerate overnight.
- To grill, heat up your charcoal or gas grill. Let the meat sit out for 20-30 minutes before grilling.
- Make sure your grates are clean and oiled, then sear on each side for 2-3 minutes. You'll want to cook the steaks over very high heat for the first 4-5 minutes, then move it to a slightly cooler spot on the grill until you reach your optimal temp (125F to 130F for medium rare).
- Once finished, move your steak off the grill and let it rest for 10 minutes before serving.