Slow Roasted Pork Belly Salad with Peaches
I love salads that double as a main dish, and this is one of our favorites. You’ll have enough pork to make sandwiches tomorrow, so be sure to grab some good bread and grainy mustard.Print Recipe Pin Recipe
- 4 lb Pork belly
- 1 Tbsp Kosher salt
- 2 Tbsp Grapeseed or other neutral oil
- 8 Yellow peaches
- 2 Tbsp Honey
- 6 cup Arugula
- 1 Lemon for juicing
- Using a small, sharp knife, score a tight crosshatch pattern all over the skin of the pork. Preheat your oven to 300F.
- Rub the pork belly with the oil, then the salt. Place it, fat side up, in a roasting pan or large Dutch oven. Roast for 3-1/2 hours.
- Remove the pan from the oven and remove the pork belly to let it rest. Remove all but a few Tablespoons of fat from the pan and place the pan on the stove over medium heat. Cut up your peaches in eighths and brown them on both sides in the pork fat.
- Place the peaches, honey and a touch of black pepper in the bottom of a large salad bowl. Toss with arugula. Cut the pork belly into 2" pieces and place over the arugula. Squeeze the lemon over the top and toss, adjusting seasoning to taste.