Pork Chops with Apple-Brandy Glaze & Spaghetti Squash
Servings: 4Print Recipe Pin Recipe
- 4 pork chops bone-in preferred
- 4 apples peeled and sliced
- ½ cup brandy
- ½ cup orange juice
- 4 Tbsps butter
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 8 cloves garlic skin removed and lightly crushed
- ¼ cup olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 400°F.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or foil.
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds.
- Drizzle half of the olive oil on the cut side of the squash, then season with salt and pepper.
- Place seasoned and oiled squash cut side down on your cookie sheet, placing the garlic underneath the squash. Carefully stab the squash a few times with a fork or paring knife.
- Bake until you can insert a knife into the thickest part of the squash without any resistance, about 30-40 minutes.
- Remove squash from oven and allow to cool five minutes or so. If desired, mash the garlic and set aside.
- Scrape the flesh from the squash with a fork into a medium-sized bowl.
- Add 2 Tbsps butter and garlic (if using), then mix together to melt the butter.
- Taste and adjust seasoning.
- While the squash is roasting, season your pork chops with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat with 2 Tbsps of olive oil.
- Once the pan is hot, add pork chops, cooking until internal temperature reads 150°F for medium-cooked pork.
- Place the pork on a cutting board to rest 5 minutes to allow juices to redistribute in the meat.
- Add apple slices to your skillet, cooking until golden on one side, then flipping to cook until tender, about two minutes. If the fond on the bottom of the pan starts to get dark, add ¼ cup water and scrape up to incorporate into sauce.
- Remove the pan from heat and add brandy. Return to heat to allow alcohol to burn off. (Brandy may light on fire.)
- Add the orange juice, cooking one more minute to reduce slightly.
- Remove pan from heat and add butter, swirling the pan to melt it.
- Season with salt and pepper, then pour sauce over pork chops and spaghetti squash.