Potato Leek Soup
Claire runs our private events and bookings AND makes a killer potato leek soup. The rare rainy days here in L.A. bring out the weather sissies in all of us and a bowl of the warm, silky soup was a welcome gift as we were prepping for a large birthday party. Thanks, Claire!Print Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1 Tbsp Vegetable oil grapeseed is our favorite
- 1 lb Russett or Sierra Gold Potatoes
- 1 lb Leeks
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 6 cups Vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup Heavy cream
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 cup Chopped chives
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1/4 cup Crispy bacon
- Peel and cube your potatoes. Cut off the darker part of the leeks and run just with the white and light green parts of the stem under cold water to remove any sandy bits.
- Heat oil in a large heavy bottom stockpot (or dutch oven) over medium heat. Add leek and potato and cook until veggies soften and brown (about 10 minutes). Add garlic cloves and stir until fragrant, about a minute. Season vegetables with salt and pepper.
- Add vegetable stock and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer covered for 30-40 minutes.
- Using an immersion blender, blend until smooth. OR transfer soup to blender and blend until smooth.
- Return soup to pot and stir in cream. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve and garnish with olive oil, bacon pieces, chopped chives.