File this recipe under Pastries in Under 30 Minutes.
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 3–3/4 Cups Bread flour
- 2 Tbsp Baking powder
- 2 tsps Kosher salt
- 1 basket Strawberries, stemmed and sliced
- 2–1/2 cups Cold heavy cream, plus 1-2 Tbsps more, if needed
- 1–2 Tbsps Freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp Fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 cup Powdered sugar, sifted
- Preheat oven to 360F.
- Place all the dry ingredients in a large bowl and toss in the strawberries. Pour in the cold cream and stir until just combined, adding just a touch more cream if needed.
- Lightly flour your counter and dump the dough onto it. Fold a couple of times, careful not to work the dough very much, and loosely shape into an 8″ circle. Cut into 8 equal slices and place on parchment-paper lined cookie sheet. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until golden on the top.
- Stir 1 Tbsp of lemon juice, thyme and powdered sugar, adding a touch more juice if it is far too thick. Dip the tops of the scones in the glaze and shake off excess before flipping over.