Print Recipe Pin Recipe
CHOCOLATE HAZELNUT TORTE
- 1 cup Toasted hazelnuts 120g
- 1/2 cup Granulated sugar 100g
- 1/3 cup Powdered sugar 40g
- 1/3 cup All purpose flour 40g
- 7 oz Dark chocolate 200g
- 1 pinch Salt
- 7 Egg whites 210g
- 1/4 tsp Cream of tartar
- 2 Tbsp Granulated sugar
- 4oz Unsalted butter 112g
- 8oz Semi-sweet or dark chocolate 224g
- CHOCOLATE TORTE
- Preheat your oven to 350F. Line an 8’ or 9” cake pan with a circle of parchment paper on the bottom. Place the hazelnuts, sugar, flour and chocolate in a food processor and blend until even and fine. Place this mixture into a large bowl.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment,, place the egg whites, salt and cream of tartar to soft peaks. Slowly add the 2 Tbsps granulated sugar until just before stiff peaks form.
- Fold 1/3 of the meringue into the dry ingredients until just starting to combine. Add the remaining meringue, folding while making sure not to deflate it, until it is just incorporated and no white streaks remain.
- Pour into prepared cake pan and bake for about 30 minutes. Let cool in the pan, unmold and dress with chocolate glaze.
- Melt both ingredients together. Pour over cooled torte