OLIVE OIL CAKE
Makes one 9”or 10” round cake OR one standard loaf cakePrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1 Cup All-purpose flour 125g
- 1 Cup Sugar 200g
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 2/3 Cup Extra-virgin olive oil 150g
- 2/3 Cup Whole milk 150g
- 2 Large eggs
- 1 Large orange, zested
- 1/3 Cup Fresh orange juice 160g
- Heat the oven to350° F. Line the bottom of your pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium/large bowl, whisk the flour, sugar, salt, baking soda and powder. In a separate bowl, whisk the olive oil, milk, eggs, orange zest and juice.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry and whisk until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for about 45 minutes until the top is golden.
- Transfer the cake to a rack and let cool for 30 minutes before running a knife or offset spatula around the edge of the pan. Invert the cake on a sheet pan and let cool before serving.
- Serve with berries, powdered sugar, whipped cream, or ice cream 🙂 Enjoy!